Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Images of my new leg

I hope you don't mind me sharing my dream with you yesterday. I shared that little story with several friends/family members via email and got quite a few interesting responses.

Quick review of the actual visit to pick up the leg:
Got to the office early (who would have guessed that) and got right in to see the team. The leg looked great (see below) and the feel of the socket was still great. The initial few steps with the leg indicated a little adjustment was needed, but it only took a few minutes to get it dialed in as needed. Then my old leg was taken apart so the foot from that leg could be fitted with the proper coupler piece to attach to this socket. After that and a few minutes of tweaking, the old foot was ready for service on the new socket.

The new Ferrier coupler (the spelling of the word was blurred in my dream) is a very nice addition, since I have the two feet now. I don't know if it is possible to make to identical sockets, so there might have been a slight difference if that had been attempted. In regards to the speed of changing feet with the ferrier coupler, if I plan on using the same shoe on the foot I am switching to, I will spend more time untying/retying the shoe than it will take me to switch out the feet.

Here are the promised images:
    
click on any image for a larger copy


If you don't remember what "Tis Gar Plen" means, visit this page
share on: facebook

No comments: