Sunday, February 26, 2006

The passing of a legend.

It is with sadness that I share about the passing of Don Knotts. Being that I was in law enforcement, and my mother-in-law used to call me Barney Fife, I was one who greatly appreciated the comic talents of Mr. Knotts.

Knotts died Friday night of pulmonary and respiratory complications at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, said Sherwin Bash, his friend and manager.

While many of his movies are near the top of my favorites list, the one that comes to mind the quickest has to be "The Incredible Mr. Limpitt" which happened to be made the year before I was born.

Several months ago I happened across a very humorous montage of Don Knotts video clips, presented with the notion that Knotts could and should portray US President George W. Bush. It is a rather large .mov file (6.81MB), but if you haven't seen it, it is well worth the download time. dubya_knotts.mov
share on: facebook

No comments: