Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Wednesday Software Review: MyIE2


MyIE2 (recently renamed to Maxthon):
Website: http://www.maxthon.com/en/index.htm
Software type: Freeware (the screen capture is the current theme I am using: US Road Signs)
Use: MyIE2 (Maxthon) is a powerful web browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer engine (most likely, your current web browser) which means that what works in IE, works the same in MyIE2 but with many additional efficient features.
Ron's thoughts: MyIE2 (I like that name better than Maxthon) is simply Internet Explorer on Steriods! It uses the IE engine, much like Mozilla uses the Netscape engine. As such, your favorites are available. The thing I like about MyIE2 is the tabbed browsing and the ability to create groups. Every morning I read the same webpages. Instead of having to click on several links to get them all, I simply open my "Morning Read" group. Each page is openned on it's own tab and as I review a page, I double click on the tab to close it. When in the MyIE2 options, there are several Tab actions available.
From the Maxthon web page:
....with many additional efficient features like:
Tabbed Browsing Interface
Mouse Gestures
Super Drag & Drop
Privacy Protection
AD Hunter
Google Bar Support
External Utility Bar
Skinning
And Much More...
share on: facebook

No comments: