Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Wednesday Software Review: w.bloggar

I am going to attempt a weekly installment of software review/recommendation. I have plenty to talk about, but lets see if I can remember to do it each week.

Application title: w.bloggar
Website: wbloggar.com
Software type: Freeware (screen cap is a link to a larger image)
Use: w.bloggar is an application that targets to be an interface between the user and his blog(s), in other words, is a Post and Template editor, with several features and resources that the browser based blog editors can not offer.
Ron's thoughts: As I have mentioned before, after I found this little application last week, I had to share about it. Being that this series will be posted using w.bloggar, I felt it only right to start the new series out highlighting it. When I started blogging last year, I found that blogger had the ability to post a blog entry to another site, utilizing FTP information. Since I maintain a couple of websites for some friends, I found that using a blog was a simply way to keep the "site update page" current on each site. After doing the updates, I simply make a blog entry about the changes, and publish it. Blogger will update the page on my client's site. Two examples: Sunrise Health Institute and Youth Fitness Zone.

Additional features:
Edit past posts (even created prior to using w.bloggar)
Delete post
Spell check
Post to multiple blogs at once
Font formatting (bold, italics, underline, strike through, and colors)

If you end up using this program, send me a little note (or leave a comment). Also, let me know if I should continue to this new series.
share on: facebook

No comments: