Friday, August 06, 2004

More time on the computer last night (who would have thought?)

Last night, instead of the planned time of activity with my wife and oldest daughter, I was on the computer updating important files .... my resume, a letter of application, and a few pages on my web site (About Me and My Resume). The resume and letter are for a position here on campus, the Director of Instituional Research and Information management.

Here is what they are advertising for (italics added by me, indicating what I believe my strengths to be):
Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field, extensive professional and administrative experience in higher education or industry, an established track record of significant accomplishments in institutional research, information management, or both, a commitment to customer service, keen analytical skills, a demonstrated ability to create a highly motivated and effective team.

Preferred Qualifications
Graduate or professional degree, extensive experience with a research university, at least one year of experience at a director level or higher, experience in environments requiring serious multitasking and meeting of deadlines, knowledge of statistical and other methods of analysis, extensive experience managing and leading teams of professionals, experience in creating internet-based solutions for information delivery, an extensive knowledge of current technology, and a proven record in rapid and successful design and deployment of IT solutions.

As you see, I feel like I should fit right in. I'll let you know if I ever get scheduled for an interview.
share on: facebook

No comments: