Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas with my family

Even though it is Christmas Eve Eve, my family traveled to Norman to have Christmas with my family (my mom, my brother and his family and me and my family).  Everyone got there in time to help get a great lunch together, and we had a great time stuffing ourselves before the gift exchange happened.

 

I won't go into great detail about all the gifts that were opened, but it is needless to say that all of us were greatly blessed by each other.  I will share one very special gift that I received from my brother.

Road ID bracelet 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My brother ordered a Road ID for me.  He picked out the black wristband style (visit RoadID.com to see the entire line of products).  In comparison to the other gifts shared today, it wasn't big on the list -don't get me wrong-, but the sentiment and thought behind this gift was HUGE!  The six lines of text on the ID plate itself contains my name, city & state, home telephone number, my mom's telephone number, my medical allergies and on the last line: Tis Gar Plen.  The fact he took the time to find out my allergies, he recognized the importance of my motto (Tis Gar Plen) and he is concerned for my safety with all of my bide riding really means a lot to me.

 

I put it on as soon as I got it and haven't taken it off yet.  Not only is it a safety item for me when I ride, it will be a symbol of my brother's love and concern for me.

 

Note to my brother:  Dee, if I haven't told you lately, I love you!


share on: facebook

No comments: