Friday, December 01, 2006

Two free days, thanks to Mother Nature

Thursday morning, a few minutes before my alarm was set to go off, I got a call from my boss.  He was letting me know that OSU was going to be closed and not to worry about coming into work today.  All I had to say was: "Wow!".  When I got got up a little while later, I found that there was very little ice on the ground.  The cancellation was done due to the threat of snow and ice.  Being that we had some travel plans in the near future, I used this free day opportunity to get the oil changed in our car.  As I was out, ice started covering the roads.  By the time I got home, it was rather slick with ice, but no real snow to speak of (yet).  That came later.

Snow, snow and then some more snow started in the afternoon.  When there was enough to play in, Sarah and Hope went outside to have some fun.  Just as I was thinking about joining them, a buddy called who was out running errands and was wondering if I would like to join him.  Hummm, sliding around on icy roads in someone else's vehicle ... of course I would!!!!

 

We got back to the house about 90 minutes later, and it had been snowing so hard that all evidence of the girls playing in the front yard was gone.  Later that evening there was a large amount of thunder in the middle of the snow storm.  I don't ever remember that happening before (then again, how often do we get this much snow in Oklahoma?)

Another call this morning from my boss informed me of a second day of snow closing for the campus.  The errand this morning was shoveling the sidewalk and driveway (the driveway had a four foot high snow drift in the middle of it!).  The rest of the day has been spent on the computer, watching videos with the girls or helping review Sarah's research paper on the French Revolution. 


share on: facebook

No comments: