Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's Gametime! Part Deux

I shared several weeks back about the emails I send out to all the students prior to home football games for the athletic department (see post).  Without getting into all the details of the message being sent out today, I do have a funny piece to tell about it.

Setup:
The game is against the Baylor Bears and this is the primary image in this week’s email:
Baylortop1

After a message is sent out, I normally send a follow-up message to the approver to let them know the distribution process has been completed.  This week, besides just a simple “DONE”, I included: “I feel sorry for the guy who was originally in the picture, but is now missing.  All of his friends got their picture shared with the entire campus, and he got turned into a ghost!   ;-)”

The reply back from the approver made me chuckle, because their four word reply was simply:  It was Boone Pickens!

For those of you who don’t know the recent history of OSU and T. Boone Pickens, enjoy a few quality moments with Google (search words already coded into the link).


share on: facebook

No comments: