Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I asked you not to tell me that!

There were so many ‘catch phrases’ from the old Get Smart television show, I really didn’t know which one to use for the subject line of this post.  Others could have been “Sorry about that Chief”, “And loving it!” or “Missed it by that much!”, just to name a few (a more complete list)

Maxwell SmartLOS ANGELES – Don Adams, the wry-voiced comedian who starred as the fumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s TV spoof of James Bond movies, “Get Smart”, died Sunday.  Though the comedian will forever be linked to the bumbling "Secret Agent 86", he is also known for suppling the voice for the children`s cartoon Inspector Gadget. He was 82.


There is no way I could let this post go without mentioning some of the wonderful gadgets thought up by the show personnel:

Shoe Phone (as well as dozens of other interesting phone items)
Cone of Silence (how many cubicles need this?)
Crutch gun (I could have used this in the past)
Periscope rain spout (which comment should I list?)

Obviously, I found a pretty good site for reliving some of the memories of the great old show.  If you enjoyed it long ago (or maybe from recent reruns), why don’t you check out http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/?


share on: facebook

No comments: