Friday, September 09, 2005

Latest (and saddest) news about Epic Adventure

I thought I would share my latest event with Epic Adventure. The following message was just sent to my team captain:
Events this week, which I will elaborate on below, have made it to where I have to drop out as a primary rower on team Epic Adventure. I would still appreciate the opportunity of remaining closely associated with the team, by way of webmaster, research, sponsor chasing & media relations if needed.

Events this week (long story short):
---I was approached to possibly start up a new branch office for a very large company. If this happens, I wouldn't be able to leave as needed for the training/racing.
---I have been advised by my supervisor that if I leave for the training/racing, I will forfeit my planned work related training, which is valued at approx $25k. They would put in a junior team member to run my $500k project. I need that trng to leverage a higher salary, of write my own ticket else where.

I understand that I am giving up the possibility for me to promote the Ertl Procedure and Barr Foundation, as well as speak out for prosthetic parity rules/regs. However, this decision is not made lightly, but one made out needing to insure providing for my family.

As stated above, I am not looking to separate myself from the team, but just as a rowing member. I would consider it an honor to be in a supportive role for the team (see intro paragraph). I'm sure we will talk on the phone in the next few days, but I wanted to get this info to you as soon as possible, so that you can recruit for team member 4.

You know I wish you and the team all the best,

Ron
That had to be one of the toughest emails I have ever authored (that I can remember)
share on: facebook

No comments: