Thursday, June 02, 2005

Got a couple new play toys (temporarily anyways)

Yesterday, during a trip to Oklahoma City with my CIO to visit a vendor, we talked about tablet PCs and I mentioned I would be more than willing to test drive a tablet if the need arose. As we returned to Stillwater, she mentioned how her next meeting was with (vendor name deleted) to discuss tablet PCs. I reminded her of my offer, and joking replied that if the vendor left one behind, I would test it for her.

Imagine my suprise when she walked into my office about 45 minutes later with, not one, but TWO tablet PCs for me to evaluate. One is a Motion Computing M1300 (slate only, 997 MHz with 1GB of ram) and the other a Fujitsu Lifebook T series (convertable, 1.4 GHz with 256MB of ram). Both are older units, having been in use at other locations, but you gotta start somewhere.

I have (translation: get) to evaluate both of these PCs for the President's office, and a few other areas, and then provide my recommendations. I was advised that at least one more, maybe more, may show up on my desk before long. Now I just have to figure out how to get one to stay at my desk.....


share on: facebook

No comments: