Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

It's been a while since I been tagged for a List <qty> of <adjective> things about you that your readers probably don't know, but it happened yesterday over at 5150Life.  This particular tag is a Share Seven Weird things about yourself.  Those of you who have been following this blog for a while or have known me/worked with me in the past are probably wondering how I could narrow the list down to only seven.  I will try to provide some good (but not incriminating) information about myself here:

 

The rules are as follows: Simply link to the person who tagged you. SHARE SEVEN WEIRD things about yourself. Tag SEVEN bloggers to do the same AND include a link to their blog. Let each person know that they have been tagged and finally post the rules on your blog.

 

In compliance with the above mentioned rules, I have already complied with the "link to the person who tagged you" (see first paragraph) and "post the rules on your blog" (see second paragraph)

 

I. With the current configuration of my prosthetic leg, I have the ability to quickly disconnect the foot, turn it around, and re-attach it backwards!  It only takes me a few steps to adjust my gait (walking pattern) so that I don't limp or stumble.  This has been used for such fun as practical jokes and to interrupt  stressful times at the office.  Seems that people don't see someone walking with one foot pointed backwards everyday of the week!

 

II. I can't stand a repetitive sound/noise to continue on for more than a few minutes.  This can range from someone singing the same short verse or line of a song over and over and over and over and over (you get the idea), whiney dog yipping to get in the house, etc.  If the sound is one that tends to naturally occur or is mechanical in nature, they don't seem to bother me as much.

 

III. The last three cars I have bought cost a total of $2,500 and were later sold for a total of $2,800 (if you don't consider the amount I knocked off the last car due to charitable Christmas write-off0:

---1983 Pontiac J2000 w/+120K miles- bought for $300, driven for 2.5 years, sold for $500

 

---1964 Ford Falcon w/53K original miles- bought for $1,500 three days before my fall (which ultimately led to the amputation), sold for $1,500 (image and original television commercial 5MB Mpeg or 1MB RealMedia file)

 

---1981 Olds Cutlass Supreme w/41K original miles- bought for $700, driven for 2 years and sold for $800 (price reduced prior to receiving funds).  Linked image is tan in color, mine was gold.

 

IV. Valium makes me hyper!  Yep, the stuff that is supposed to be able to sedate elephants, rhinos and other large land mammals actually makes me wired like a little kid on Jolt Cola and Pop Rocks.  We found this out the weekend of the fatality pursuit I was involved with about 12-13 years ago (when I was still a cop).  Long story very short: I was in pursuit of a motorcycle rider, in speed well above the posted maximum.  He crashed and subsequently died.  I didn't deal with it very well mentally and a few days later suffered an anxiety attack while on duty and was rushed to the ER.  While there, I was given two doses of valium, which only slightly relieved the anxiety symptoms.  When I was finally released later that evening, my wife was told I would probably sleep for 12 hours, considering the dose I had been given.  I actually didn't get any sleep until sometime the next day.

 

V. Excessive cellphone texting drives me crazy.  This has nothing to do with #2 above (repetitive noises).  If you can text back and forth with a person for an entire conversation, just CALL THE PERSON!  If you already have the cell phone in your hands, and are 'chatting' with another person, why not just call them.

Note: I don't 'text', nor do I have a plan for it, but that will change when Sarah goes to college later this year.

Instant Messenger use on a computer doesn't count in this category. 

Texting to leave a message for another person when they have a chance to read it also doesn't count in this category

 

VI. I bite my fingernails.  There, I said it (or, actually, typed it).  Close-up pictures of me will normally have my hands hidden as I know my nails and cuticles look awful.  I have 'quit' before, just to fall off the wagon and start chewing/tearing them off.

 

VII. I multitask like crazy.  I have been known to be chatting with three or more people at the same time about different subjects (in person, on the phone or multiple IM chat windows).  These conversations might be going on while also prepping large-scale distribution email messages being addressed to a population of over 25K email addresses or some other computer support-related activity. (yes, 25,000 addresses - someone has to send out the "important information" mailings for the various university departments)

 

There you have it, the seven items I decided to share today.

 

The bloggers I have decided to 'tag' are:

Bubby: he was my Yoda, in regards to blogging

Brent: the first cop-blog I started following

Ambulance Driver: I really hope he 'plays well with others', as his should be fun to read

Johnny Law: another one that should provide for interesting reading

LawDog: just to get mentioned in his blog

Murphy: I regularly 'lurk' at his blog

Jack Army: I don't remember how I stumbled across his blog, but I'm glad I did


share on: facebook

No comments: