Several years ago, I was asked to 'step in' to cover for a Sunday School teacher, but wasn't given a topic to cover. Since the class was to be the 6-8 year olds, I thought I would talk about the ten commandments. Being a visual learner myself, I found a some images to easily convey the actual commandment and add in remembering. Here are those images:
1. "You shall have no other gods before Me"
(God should be Number One)
2. "You shall not make yourself any graven image"
(Don't bow down to anything but God)
3. "You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain"
(Don't use your lips to dishonor God)
4. "Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy"
(Don't neglect the things of God)
-supposed to be a 'hole' in the Bible-
|5. "Honor your Father and your Mother"|
|6. "You shall not murder"|
7. "You shall not commit adultery"
(Adultery leaves a heart broken)
|8. "You shall not steal"|
|9. "You shall not lie" (a "lying" nine)|
|10. "You shall not covet" (want what others have)|
PDF of the above, with larger images
The latest Veggie Tales video, Moe and the Big Exit, tells the story of the exodus from Egypt in a Western setting. The whole thing is pretty funny, but one of the 'Easter Eggs' in the DVD lists the tem commandments as they might have been given in the old West:
1. Y'all have no other gods b'fore Me.
2. No makin' idols.
3. When y'all use my name, y'better mean it.
4. Lay off the trail one day a week.
5. Mind yer ma and pa.
6. No killin' folks.
7. Dance with who brung ya.
8. No swipin'.
9. No lyin'.
10. No hankerin' for things that ain't yours.
share on: facebook