Friday, April 07, 2006

Should I stay or should I go?

Ex-gamesI got a very intriguing email yesterday. It was a proposal from Tony Barr of the Barr Foundation offering the possibility of sponsoring me for an upcoming 3 day event in Orlando Florida called the Extremity Games. Ex-Games is extreme sports for amputees (actually: individuals living with limb loss or limb difference).

There are 4 sport competitions:

Wakeboarding (not interested, I don’t have a water leg)
Skateboarding (not interested, would end in a divorce)
BMX Biking (now your talking)
Rock wall climbing (where do I sign up?)

I replied back that I was very interested, at least in two of the four competitions. I guess it is time to kick it into gear for getting into a competitive fitness, as opposed to simply everyday fitness.


share on: facebook

No comments: