Friday, April 07, 2006

It's been a while since I posted an entry

My brother IMed me yesterday to inquire about my recent lack of blog entries. While I can't claim "writer's block", since I'm obviously not a writer, how about I just claim "blogger's block"?

What all has happened since my last post?
Tuesday, March 28: A half day follow-up appointment with Jonathan (my CP) turned into an all day affair as I was asked to check out new pressure sensing equipment at the local VA hospital. Jonathan (et al) just received a 7 figure federal grant for testing residual limb pressure within prosthetic sockets, and I was assisting them with the initial setup and configuration of the machines. (After the initial check, they had to reconfigure their scale matrix, because the amount of pressure I was able to apply to the end of my stump was far in excess what is the norm ... Thanks Dr. Ertl!)

Wednesday, March 29: My family and I attended the funeral of my uncle Kenny Lott. I could write numerous entries about the life of this man. He was not only a great family man, he was also an avid sportsman (hunting, fishing, golf and rodeo to name a few) and a man who enjoyed giving. His home town pretty much closed up during his funeral to honor him.

Thursday - Saturday, March 30 -April 1: Trip to Midland Tx to see some friends before they moved to Boston (they stuff was already in transit, they were flying out on Saturday). Spent some good quality time with them and got to see their 17 day old infant (Deacon).

Sunday, April 2: Replaced the wind turbine on top of my house. When we got back from Midland Saturday evening, our wind turbine was in our front lawn. Luckily we saw it and had enough time to put plastic and duct tape over the 12" hole in the roof before the rains came in that night. What should have taken about 5 minutes took almost an hour, because our 12" turbine is actually approx 12.25", and the replacement didn't want to slide on easily.

Monday - Today, April 3 - 7: Playing catch-up at the office. After reviewing March, I realized that within that 23 work day month, I was away from the office (annual or sick leave) for 13 days. Nice work if you can get it fairly regularly. However, as a result of so much time away from the office, I have had to spend a bunch of time playing catch-up.

Long story short: I have been swamped and blogging didn't make it high enough on my priority list!
share on: facebook

No comments: