Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Certifiable

200_CDIACert_CWhile many of my readers would quickly agree with the fact that I am ‘certifiable', now I have documentation to prove it.

As of 11:00 am yesterday, I am CDIA+ (Certified Document Imaging Architech) certified via CompTIA.  No, I don’t have a typo in the previous sentence, CompTIA spells architect with an ‘h’ (There was some architect group in Florida that threw a stink about CompTIA’s use of the word … so I heard).  I really don’t give a flip about the “T-vs-H” conflict, because I am CDIA+ certified.

In the area of DMS/DIS (Document Management System / Document Imaging System), my passing the CDIA+ certification exam is like a lawyer passing the bar exam or an accountant obtaining their CPA. Of all the tests I have every taken, this was the hardest. Part of the difficulty is removing myself from the vendor-specific world I work in and preparing myself mentally to change into the verbiage and atypical scenarios presented. Many of the questions asked on the test required not selecting the correct answer, but determining either the 'most correct' or 'least incorrect' answer. I didn't share about this earlier, but a couple of weeks back I spent three days in OKC attending a "CDIA Boot camp", hosted at my vendor's office. One of the other students in the class was the guy who got me up to speed about document imaging and has been doing this for 6-7 years. He was one of the first to take the test, and I am sad to report that he didn't pass. Needless to say, that worried me quite a bit about my ability to pass it. Of the 9 students who have taken the test, only 2 of us have passed it.

The CompTIA CDIA+ certification is the first global standard of competency and professionalism in the document imaging/document management industry. Supported by a network of worldwide industry leaders, it validates a professional's level of expertise in the technologies and best practices used to plan, design, and specify a document imaging, management system.  The industry has identified CompTIA CDIA+ certification as a consistent, objective way to evaluate imaging industry professionals. Increasingly, companies involved in providing or purchasing document imaging solutions adopt CompTIA CDIA+ as part of their business plan.

For additional info on either CompTIA or the CDIA+ certification, please follow the links provided above.
share on: facebook

No comments: