Sunday, September 16, 2007

Live or Memorex ...

....quotes from the past that ring true today!

I didn't check these quotes at Snopes for accuracy, because I really don't care. I agree with the sentiment of the thoughts:

***********************************************
It appears we have appointed our worst generals to command forces, and our most gifted and brilliant to edit newspapers. In fact, I discovered by reading newspapers that these editor/geniuses plainly saw all my strategic defects from the start, yet failed to inform me until it was too late.

Accordingly, I am readily willing to yield my command to these obviously superior intellects, and I will, in turn, do my best for the Cause by writing editorials - after the fact."

- Robert E. Lee, 1863

***********************************************
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged."

- President Abraham Lincoln


Sent via my Windows Mobile device
(which may explain why it was short)
share on: facebook

No comments: