Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Blogging Story

I Found this on Joe's blog, who found it on his sister's blog, who found it on Chili's.

Hummm ... that beginning reminds me of Mat 1:2-16:  Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; ....  

 

1. How did you start blogging?
Joe (see above) had started a blog and I thought I might as well.  There was a lot going on in my life at the time (leg trauma) and I thought I would keep a history of that.

 

2. Did you intend to be a blog w/a big following? If so, how did you go about it?
I never thought I would have more than few readers on a daily/weekly basis ... primarily family and close friends.  However, in the past I have found (via StatCounter) that I had a steady following from several states and a few other countries (UK, Australia and Germany).  Who would have thought?

 

3. What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

No political, religious or other  set agendas to promote with the blog ... other than fun, open sharing and an occasional joke or pun, no matter how un-funny they may seem!

Have I been successful? Well if there hasn't been an agenda, I guess I have been successful, in regards to the blog at least. 

 

4. Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

Not really.  There have been times of 'soap box preaching' and other times of dropping off the face of the planet.  I simply find something I want to share on my blog and then make it happen.
 

5. What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?
I wish I would have known about Windows Live Writer, but then again it didn't get created by Microsoft until several months ago, so that doesn't really count! 

    (Note: I am still using Beta 1, Beta 2 is having serious issues)

 

6. Do you make money with your blog?
Not yet, but feel free to help me change that answer to YES!

 

7. Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?
Yeah they know about it, but really don't know how often they visit, other than my brother.  He is pretty regular about stopping by.

 

8. What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?

1. Don't be pressured to post more often than you are comfortable.

2. It's your blog, if a comment is shared that you don't believe is in the best interest of your reading audience, simply delete it.  If the person leaving the comment doesn't like it, TIS GAR PLEN!


share on: facebook

No comments: