Friday, January 20, 2006

ouch! ... it's a disability thing

I found a very unusual website yesterday (imagine that ... an unusual website on the internet!). The site name is ouch!. It is based out of the United Kingdom, so some minor translation is needed for some phrases found on it, but all-in-all it is easy to follow. One of the subscribers to an amputee mailing list I am on submitted a Top Ten list to them, which I though was funny, so I decided to share it here.
    Ten unexpected benefits of only having one foot
  1. My feet don't smell half as much.
  2. I don't have to wash my socks as often.
  3. Half-price pedicures.
  4. Less fluff collects between my toes.
  5. I no longer trip people up in cinemas by blocking the aisle with my lanky left leg. (right for me)
  6. Less need for legroom on aircraft = more room for bags of duty-free.
  7. Wearing two right shoes won't feel uncomfortable. (left shoes for me)
  8. Tubes of athlete's foot cream last twice as long.
  9. Significant tactical advantages when playing hopscotch.
  10. I only track in half as much mud.
Thanks Will!
share on: facebook

No comments: