Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm doing the "Happy Dance"

I knew we (I'll share who "we" is in a minute) were getting close to 100,000 hits on our website, but I have been so busy lately I haven't been watching the counter. No, no, no ... not 100K hits on this blog, on the ErtlReconstruction.com website!

I 'consult' for the Barr Foundation in Florida. This is a non-profit organization that works to provide prosthetic limbs for both those in financial need and for third world nations. We are also advocates for the Ertl procedure of limb amputations (see the website for additional info).

When I took over the webmaster duties just over a year ago, the hit counter was well below 1,000 hits and had been running for severals months. After one year, a couple of complete site make-overs, major marketing efforts with the larger search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc) & some new features, our popularity has really taken off. It has also enabled me to provide connections between amputees and soon-to-be-amputees for counselling/support.

I was getting some info for a new amputee contact this evening when I saw the counter at 100,139!

All I can say is: WOW!!!
share on: facebook

No comments: