Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Don't upset the Gimp-Boy

OK, now I'm upset .... Here is why:
NBC prided themselves on presenting hundreds of hours (did they end up getting over 1,000?) of
coverage via their numerous channels (NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Bravo, Telemundo and NBC HDTV). They, along with ALL other US based broadcast organizations have refused to air ANY coverage for the 2004 Paralympic Games in Athens (Sept 17-28).

I understand that the public won't be as enthralled with the Paralympics as they were with the Olympics .... but ZERO coverage? Not even a middle-of-the-night-so-set-your TiVo/VCR-to-record-it time?

As soon as I get some contact info for the various broadcast organizations, I am going to send them a piece of my mind (I know I don't have much to share ... but they'll get a piece anyways)

See http://tinyurl.com/4fjm8 for a report from the US Paralympics site about the (lack of) coverage.

According to the International Paralympic Committee, this year's games are expected to break new ground by gaining the widest media coverage ever (see Record Number of Broadcasters at ATHENS 2004 Paralympics). The last sentence on that page advises:
The rights for the US territory have not yet been bought.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
share on: facebook

No comments: