Wednesday, April 09, 2008

To page this person, press 5

I have always had my cellular service with Cingular (the new AT&T, whatever name that multi-personality company currently uses).  When an inbound call goes to voice mail, the first thing the caller would always hear is "To page this person, press 5...".  What the heck is that about?  If I wanted to page them, I would have sent a text message!

 

I was playing around with my voicemail settings and found that option to be called cut-thru paging, and it can be turned off. To deactivate this 'feature', once you call your voice mail, use the following options:

     - 4 (personal)

     - 2 (administrative)

     - 7 (cut thru paging)

     - 2 (turn it off)

 

Now, when callers go to my voice mail, they no longer will receive a prompting to page me.


share on: facebook

No comments: