Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Wednesday Software Review - AM-Deadlink


Application title: AM-Deadlink
Website: http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm
Software type: Freeware
Use: AM-DeadLink detects dead links and duplicates in your Browser Bookmarks. If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can delete it from your Browser. AM-DeadLink checks Bookmarks from Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape.
Ron's thoughts: Over the years I have managed to acquire (too) many favorite/bookmarks. Many of them are support-related, while others are for personal use. One thing I hate is to use a bookmark, only to find the associated link generates a 404-file not found error. AM-Deadlink checks all of my bookmarks and identifies the ones which will generate a 404 error. From within the program I can also delete these problem links, without having to use the 'manage favorites' within my browser.
share on: facebook

No comments: