Multiple monitor support is available in Remote Desktop as long as the monitors are the same resolution and aligned side-by-side.
- Open the command prompt by clicking the Start button, All Programs, Accessories, and then open Command Prompt.
- Type Mstsc /span and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Now you can connect to a remote computer using Remote Desktop with multiple monitor support.
Another method involves already having an .rdp file saved to connect to another machine. Create a shortcut with the following command properties:
mstsc.exe ShortcutToMyComputer.rdp /span
(change the info to point to the proper rdp file)
Note: If you are using a computer with multiple monitors, you can drag the width of the RDP session across the width of both monitors, so that you actually make full use of the span command. If not, you will just have to scroll left/right to see everything.
- If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.
- This product is meant for educational purposes only.
- Subject to change without notice
- Some assembly required.
- Your mileage may vary
share on: facebook